About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 17, 2020

Band Weekend

This is a big weekend for our family. Robby has been taking guitar lessons for several months, and this Saturday he has his first performance. He is a bundle of excited and nervous energy right now, fretting about every detail and worried that he will make a mistake on stage. I would worry if his smiling and giddy demeanor were not also present to counter his nerves. 

Unfortunately, performances in January are always risky. The weather is supposed to be unfavorable, which means that his little cheering section will be impacted. It is going to be hard for my Mom and sister to travel to Virginia to watch him. Thankfully we have Skype and plan to live stream his performance. They may not be there in person, but they will be able to experience his band virtually. 

Initially only assigned to perform one song, Robby's dedication and increasing skill level has led to him playing a total of six songs.  Each week he has come home, floating on Cloud 9 and eager to fill me in on every single detail. Weeks when he is assigned to a new song he is especially animated.  

He has worked hard, has never missed a band meeting and has practiced religiously. I'm so proud of him. Although I know he is nervous, I also realize that he is going to do a great job. I can't wait to hear him play with his band! 


No comments:

Post a Comment