About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, January 16, 2020

Best Day Ever

For the past few weeks, Timmy has gleefully declared "today is the best day ever" when he wakes up. His little feet don't even touch the ground before he has decided that it is going to be an amazing day. He is happy and excited to embrace every opportunity he is sure the new day holds. I want to be like Timmy!

My little Timmy has every reason to be unhappy, yet his optimistic spirit continues to shine bright. I love his enthusiasm and his belief that everything is wonderful. He keeps me grounded and reminds me that happiness is simply more fun than being stressed and anxious.

I have been focusing on self-care over the past few weeks. While I'm not yet at Timmy's level for unabashed joy, I have been noticing some improvements in both my mood and outlook. Between the meditation and my gratitude journal, I am learning to pause and enjoy the moments.

I have a long way to go, but for the first time in over a year I feel like I'm on the right path.


No comments:

Post a Comment