About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 07, 2020

Quarantined

My little Hamlet has gone from roller skating to a sick bed. Yesterday he woke up warm and complained about a headache. As the day progressed both his lethargy and fever increased. Welcome to the wacky world of a kiddo with an autoimmune disorder.

I'm hoping that his most recent episode is only a blip and that he will be feeling better soon. I hate seeing him sick! I think I was lulled into a false sense of "normalcy" because he has been so healthy over the past few weeks. In a way our family was spoiled by his good health. I'm so glad that he was well over the holidays, although it breaks my heart that he is feeling icky now. 

Flu season is upon us and is already filling up our hospitals and clinics, which means that we are resuming our modified quarantine. Timmy will not be attending any playgroups or crowded areas until the threat of flu subsides. Robby and Scott will continue to work and attend extracurricular functions, but I will stay home with Timmy. Until further notice, I will resume my role as primary playmate and teacher, trying to keep him both busy and happy at home. I know that he will miss playing with buddies and I hope that the threat blows over quickly. 

Wish me luck as I try to keep him healthy and happy while maintaining my own sanity!


No comments:

Post a Comment