About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Ping Pong

Yesterday was laid back and uneventful. After a good cry in the morning, I lit a memorial candle for my Dad and proceeded with my day. I would be lying if I didn't acknowledge the twinges of guilt that crept up unexpectedly, but the twangs were brief and I was quickly able to regain perspective and keep moving. I learned the best way for me to process grief, regardless of the length of time that has passed since the loss, is to feel it for a few minutes before putting it back into a box in the recesses of my heart. 

The weather was nice during the afternoon, allowing us to play outside for a few hours. Robby helped me assemble the new outdoor ping pong table while Timmy and Scott moved wood. In retrospect, reading the assembly directions would have cut our time by 90%, but since we had nothing else to do we wanted to see if we could figure it out.  We did, but it wasn't easy!

Today is raining, which means no ping pong. I think it will be a Netflix and crafting day. As always, please stay away from others and follow the calls for social distancing.  We are all in this together, and everybody needs to follow the rules in order to keep our population safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment