About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 19, 2020

Walking it Out

Tensions are high, but Scott and I are trying to maintain even and cool (especially in front of the kids).  We are trying to only watch the news when there are no kids in the room because we don't want to add to the family anxiety. Robby is astute enough to understand the situation. If he sees his Mom and Dad panicking, his anxiety would certainly increase. Timmy, who is blissfully unaware of current events, would act out if he sensed our anxiety. That would not help anybody!

Having everybody home and unable to escape to stores or to playgrounds has been an adjustment. We are figuring our way through our new normal, but it isn't easy.  Scott and I are both cognizant that the kids will feed off of our stress, so anytime either of us starts to feel overwhelmed or cranky we have taken to going to for walks through the neighborhood.  

If things keep moving in the same direction, I will be svelte and in amazing shape by the time this pandemic begins to fade! I've been going for several long walks everyday, sometimes with the boys and, at moments when I feel like I'm going to implode, by myself. Of everything that could do to relieve stress, I think that walking is probably our best option.


No comments:

Post a Comment