About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

St. Patrick's Day

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!  

Unfortunately, this year the leprechaun couldn't make his nightly visit because of his need to socially distant himself from the virus. Hopefully he will make an appearance later in the year, when the environment is a little safer for everybody. Instead of setting traps last night and making a big deal about the leprechaun, we simply went to bed. 

So if you were five years old, would you believe the reason for the leprechaun's no-show? The truth is, I completely forgot it was St. Patrick's Day until this morning when I saw it on the news. I feel horrible for completely blowing off a family tradition, especially since Robby had such fun as a child setting traps and looking for new green items. Sigh. Tally it up to another mom fail.

Oh well. These past few days have been surreal, and everybody will have to adjust and be flexible. I suppose this means our kids as well.  

However you are going to celebrate, or not celebrate, have a Happy Saint Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment