About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Noodle Fight

While most of the country is miserable, Timmy is loving the social distancing protocols being that are being requested. He is delighted to have his daddy at home with him all day. The fact that there are no sports on television leads to more opportunities to play games and to explore outside as a family. 

Yesterday Robby and I went for a long bike ride through the neighborhood while Timmy and Scott played pirates in the tree house. We tooled up and down the streets, yelling greetings to everybody we saw outside. With schools off and businesses beginning to close, it felt like a summer weekend instead of a spring workday.

When we came home from our ride, I picked up a pool noodle and the boys and I challenged the boys to a sword fight. Running through the yard, chasing and trying to hit the boys with pool noodles was a blast. The boys had a great time, I had  a fantastic workout and I discovered a novel and effective way to get rid of stress. Hitting your kid with a pool noodle makes a loud (and incredibly satisfying) sound but it barely registers an impact. 

Nobody got hurt and everybody had a lot of fun. Both Robby and Timmy were squealing and giggling for the hour we played, and we all ended up sweaty and red-faced from our battle. I'm sure our antics raised a few eyebrows from some of our stuffier neighbors though!


No comments:

Post a Comment