About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 20, 2020

Scavenger Hunt with Tim

I was going to write that I was delighted that today is Friday, but then I realized that the days of the week hold little to no consequence on our current life. We won't be doing anything different this weekend and, since Scott is now home because school is closed, our family dynamic will remain unchanged. It's just weird!

Our days are pretty much the same but, compared to so many, I am reminded that we are so fortunate. Even though our local parks have closed, but the boys have almost 2 acres in our yard to run and play each day. Our neighborhood has long meandering streets that are perfect for bike riding. I'm scouring the internet every afternoon to find activities, but so far nobody has proclaimed "I'm bored" yet.  (With the exception of Scott who is still mourning the abrupt ending to all sports.)

Yesterday Timmy and I set out through the yard to complete a scavenger hunt. The picture identified search list was perfect for him. He proudly carried his clipboard and pen, reading (mainly through the pictures) what we were seeking. He had an absolute blast!

Today I think we are going to try to spread a little happiness by writing happy messages on the streets with chalk. Perhaps seeing Timmy's happy suns and rainbows will brighten our neighbor's days. I'll post photos of our creations.

Have a great day. Please send me your activity ideas, I am taking suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment