About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, May 29, 2020

Happy Birthday Koopa

Well, the weather did not cooperate with our plans to play outside. It was hot, humid and stormy all day. Although I could have easily convinced Timmy to go outside, he seemed content to quietly play inside for most of the day. I think the activity of the past few days has caught up with him and his body was grateful for the chance to rest and reset.  

While Timmy was busy playing, I took the opportunity to knock out a lot of work. By the time I logged off my computer in the late afternoon I was both impressed and astonished by everything I managed to accomplish. I actually feel like I'm ahead for the first time in months! I'm glad that I am ahead on my to-do list because this weekend is all about my Koopa.

It is hard to believe that my not-so-little Robby is going to be 14 tomorrow! I look at him and I see a beautiful mixture of the little boy that he was and the amazing man that he is becoming. The years have flown by but I can honestly say that I tried to enjoy every single stage.

Fourteen years ago I laid eyes on my sweet little baby. I remember feeling terrified at the prospect of being a Mom. We were clueless and so many times I think both Scott and I tried to just stay one step ahead of him. 

I can't say that we've done everything but, but there is no doubt that Robby is a great kid. He has the kindest heart and is generous to his core. I am beyond blessed to be his Mom!  

Happy Birthday to my sweet Koopa!

No comments:

Post a Comment