About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, May 25, 2020

Memorial Day

Today is Memorial Day. Typically I would be at my Mom's house, visiting a craft fair and preparing for a cook out. Instead we are at home, sheltering in place. Like every other celebration and holiday in the past few months, this year we are breaking traditions and doing things differently.

Instead of having a picnic with extended family, we will grill burgers in Virginia. We won't be going to a craft fair, and Robby won't be playing with his cousins. With the exception of conference calls being removed from my schedule, today feels very much like every other Monday.  

If the weather were nicer we could play outside, but the drizzling rain is keeping us inside. The rain and the cloudy skies are adding further insult to my sullen mood. I know that soon the quarantine will lift and we will begin a new normal. Unfortunately, right now, I am missing our traditions and my extended family.


No comments:

Post a Comment