About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Another Day. Same Routine

Another summer day that felt very much like all of the others. With the exception of Robby playing his WWII role playing game with his friends and teacher, my day unfolded with no variations or surprises. I don't want to complain, but I really miss my summer adventures!

I woke up early, worked until after lunch and then spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool with Timmy. I climbed out of the pool in time to make dinner, after which I continued working until it was time to go to bed. My schedule is pleasant albeit incredibly mundane and predictable. I'm doing my best to remain upbeat, but I have to admit that I'm bored.

The rising Covid numbers make me too nervous to venture into the community. Scott still does the shopping, trips which are both rare and carefully planned. I miss being around people (other than my immediate family) but I am trying to remind myself that staying patient is paramount.

I'm so grateful that we have our pool and that Timmy is at an age where he finds it wonderful. I know that his memories won't recall the small size of our pool. Instead, he will remember spending the summer splashing and playing in the pool with his Mom. If we didn't invest in our blow-up pool, I think that our summer would be very different.




No comments:

Post a Comment