About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, July 20, 2020

Hot Hot Hot

This past weekend was hot. I'm not talking about warm. I'm talking about walk outside, take your breath away and start to pant hot. While Robby and Scott hunkered down inside, trying to seek relief from our overworked air conditioner, Timmy and I took a more sensible approach. We put the shade over the pool and swam the weekend away.

My little fish and I spent nearly four hours every day in the pool. Although small in size, our blow-up pool has yielded an impressive amount of entertainment and fun. With everything else closed or restricted because of Covid, I am so glad I decided to go ahead with our pool. (I'm still lobbying for a bigger and more impressive version, stay tuned!)

Between swimming and trying to beat the heat, the rest of our weekend was uneventful. I love summer, but I don't like these "make your melt" temperatures. Of course, there isn't anything we can do about it so I'll try to withhold my complaints.  At this point, I'm just grateful I have our little pool in the driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment