About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, July 24, 2020

Phantom Pain

These summer storms are wreaking havoc on my limb. My phantom pain was off the charts for the past few nights. Despite being exhausted, as soon as my head hit the pillow my leg began to jitterbug. The stinging and kicking continued until the wee hours of the morning, resulting in little sleep and a frustrated mood.  

I detest phantom pain. It feels like my bouts are becoming more frequent and increasing in intensity. Of course, that could just be my sleep deprivation. When the days are consecutive, my once or twice a month frequency suddenly feels overwhelming and oppressive.  I am trying to remind myself that I am fortunate I don't suffer on a daily basis, but I'm so tired right now that my self-talk isn't reaching a receptive audience.  

Today I am going to try to slow down and relax. Hopefully I'll be able to take a nap (I certainly need it). The weather is supposed to again be hot, so I'm sure I'll be in the pool with Hamlet. Fingers crossed I get some sleep soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment