About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, July 27, 2020

Ugly Cry

This past weekend the monotony of social distancing wore me down. Saturday night, as I was pursuing past vacation photo memories that kept popping up on my social media feeds I broke down. I realized that I missed my family, my friends and adventures. Not knowing what else to do and having no way to change the situation, I broke down and allowed myself to cry.

I didn't just weep. I ended up in a full-blown ugly cry. My eyes were swollen, my nose was running and I had a fierce headache by the time I finally went to bed. I woke up Sunday feeling lighter and ready to continue to tackle pandemic life. I guess, sometimes, you just need to cry it out.

I am sure that part of my Saturday night breakdown was weather related. We weren't able to go outside on Friday or on Saturday because of rain and storms. Being forced inside only serves to fortify the feeling of confinement. At least when I am outside, feeling the sunshine and breathing the fresh air, I don't feel the constant constraints of the pandemic. I'm still limited in activities and in opportunities, but it feels easier and less overwhelming.

Sunday the weather finally broke, allowing Timmy and I to spend the afternoon in his little pool. He had a great time splashing for nearly four hours. I don't know where he gets his energy! I wish I had his energy, but at this point I'm just grateful that I can keep up with him.




No comments:

Post a Comment