About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, July 30, 2020

Bad Moods

Some days are better than others. Yesterday was definitely not one of the best days in our family. Despite it being our anniversary, the day was wrought with bickering, meltdowns, pouting and just global sour moods. Everybody was edgy, including Scott and me, which only served to exacerbate rather than diffuse.

We all ended up going to bed early and I'm hoping that moods have been elevated by good sleep. I know that I'm feeling better, so I already know that today will be better. For the first time in weeks, I didn't have any phantom pain when I was going to sleep. The absence of pain feels liberating! Even if the boys are still cranky, I'm optimistic that I'll have the energy to try to quell any growing irritants before they implode. 

I know that everybody is beginning to fatigue of being stuck at home. As much as I've tried to provide fun activities and home-based adventures, my efforts are falling short compared to our previous vacations. We need a change of scenery to break up the monotony of social distancing. The boys were delighted when I mentioned that we could pack up and go visit Nana and the Cousin Crew. 

Robby's performance is on Saturday. After his show is over we are going to pack up the car and head to Pennsylvania for a few days (or a week or two, we haven't really decided yet). Scott will stay home to decompress by himself and to look after the cats.

In a few weeks Scott has to return to the "virtual" classroom.  I know that he needs some time to figure out what that looks like for his students. Even though he won't admit it, I know that he needs some time away from the chaos and clutter of the kids during quarantine. 

We are all looking forward to our mini-vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment