About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Play Time

After a stormy and rather depressing weekend, yesterday the week began with a bright sun against brilliant blue skies. After working throughout the morning, I have to admit that I was nearly as excited to go back into our little pool as Timmy. I've grown to love our pool time. Our quarantine days go so much faster when we are able to hop into our little pool and play for a few hours. 

While Timmy and I are in the pool, Robby is usually gaming with friends on his computer. I've been lax about computer time during the past few months. Because he can't physically be around his friends and since there isn't really anything for him to do outside (by himself), I have accepted that his computer has become his vehicle for socialization. 

Don't get me wrong, he still rides his bike and gets some exercise, but he definitely spends the majority of his time behind a keyboard.  He goes into virtual chat rooms with friends through his VR, plays cards and games with his cousins and plays virtual Dungeons and Dragons with his classmates.  His way of socializing is different, but for him it is just as viable and effective.

Today we are supposed to again be hot and stormy. I woke up early to get a jump on my work with the hopes of finishing early enough to get into the pool before the rain rolls into our area. Let's hope that the rain holds off long enough for us to play!




No comments:

Post a Comment