About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Battle Class

Our social distancing summer is beginning to feel like Groundhog Day. I woke up early to tackle some work and hopped into the pool with Timmy in the afternoon. We splished and splashed until it was time to make dinner, and then I continued working until it was time to go to bed.

While I was in the pool, Robby and Scott played video games and tinkered around the house. Although he hasn't admitted it, I know that Robby is becoming bored. Thankfully today he has a fun disruption to his schedule, and I know that he will have a blast!

Robby's WWII role playing game teacher contacted all of his students a few weeks ago to gauge interest in taking the battle to a virtual platform. Without hesitation Robby enthusiastically signed on. Today he is meeting with his class (and teacher) on Zoom to continue their strategy game.

He was so excited last night that he kept saying he wasn't going to be able to sleep. He cleaned his computer area, polished the lens to his web camera and studiously watched videos detailing the battles his class use during today's game. I love his enthusiasm, and I am so grateful to his wonderful teacher for providing this experience for the kids.

While Timmy and I are hanging out in our pool, Robby will be (virtually) crafting battles in Europe. I am glad that he has something to look forward to, and something fun to do with his time. More importantly, I'm glad that he will be able to hang out with his friends again.  In person isn't possible right now, but virtual is fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment