About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, July 01, 2020

Back Home

After a fantastic few days with my Mom, yesterday we packed up and returned home. I always hate leaving but probably not as much as Timmy. My sweet little guy cried for the first hour of our drive, lamenting leaving his Nana and fretting that he won't see her again. As much as I tried to console him, logic didn't work. Thankfully he quieted down when he was handed an ice cream cone, and the rest of our drive was relatively quiet.

As soon as we arrived home Timmy hopped into his pool and began to play. His tears were a distant memory and he was transformed into a happy little fishy. I hate that he is so sad when we leave my Mom's house, but I know that his grief is always short lived.  

Robby was ecstatic to show his daddy his new bass guitar. He sat on the couch with his new guitar, grinning from ear-to-ear and proudly strumming his song. Nana definitely hit a home run with that surprise!  

Today will be spent catching up on both work and housework. It seems like the laundry and cleaning just never stops!

No comments:

Post a Comment