About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, August 13, 2020

Heading Home

 All good things must come to an end, including our :quarication." Spending time with my Mom for the past week and a half has been wonderful and exactly what my soul needed to rejuvenate before cyber school begins. Robby and Timmy loved playing with their cousins. Although our adventures were more limited this year, I know that they made strong memories to last.

Yesterday was a day full of appointments and back to school prep. While my Mom took my youngest nephew to the dentist, Tiffany and Jacob went to meet with their new guidance counselors. They both came home elated with their new schedules and a palpable enthusiasm for their new school adventure. 

In the evening I took the Crew to the mall (socially distanced) to buy some new school clothes. Thankfully they all love the styles and colors at Hollister (a store that is apparently catered to the modern teen). It certainly made shopping easy!  Three full shopping bags later, their school clothes shopping was complete.  

To finish off our quarication, I held an epic game night with the Cousin Crew. We stayed up late playing various card, trivia and truth or dare games. Eventually I lost steam and went to bed, but by looking at the house this morning the Crew pulled an all-nighter. All of the chip bags are empty, water glasses are all over the house and the living room is a mess.  

After everybody restores my Mom's house to its pre-visit state, I'll be packing up and heading home. Leaving is always sad, but I also know it is time to get back to reality.  







No comments:

Post a Comment