About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Ghost Hunters

While Timmy spent his afternoon gleefully washing Nana's car, I took the older cousins to the bowling alley. Timmy was invited to come bowl with the Crew but, once he saw the hose and a bucket of suds, he was excited to stay home and get wet. It took him nearly three hours, but part of my Mom's car is now sparkling clean. He loves playing in water!

When the sun went down and Timmy went to bed the big cousins hopped into my car and we headed out on another adventure. This time we went ghost hunting. Last year we went on a ghost tour, this year I thought it would be fun to up the ante by using the equipment to try to track down  and communicate with the paranormal. 

I wish I had filmed the kids' reactions when they learned that they were going to use the equipment that the "real" ghost hunters use. Dedicated viewers of all of the paranormal hunting shows, they definitely knew more about the various detectors, scanners and communicators than me. I probably should have brushed up on the technology before our adventure, but I didn't really get to use the equipment. My role was more of a supporter, which was fine with me.

They had a blast running through the abandoned haunted Civil War field hospital, eagerly following the beeps and lights from their detectors. I'm an admitted cynic but I did my best to keep my skepticism at bay as the kids enthusiasm grew exponentially with each detection. The kids were completely convinced that ghosts were present and were dedicated to their task of communication. I was impressed with their teamwork as they worked together to try to coax the ghosts into interactions. Even though I'm sure that there is a more logical explanation, I was a tad freaked out when random words were heard through our "spirit box" when the kids started to try to talk to a ghost. 

Hearing the voice and having a quasi conversation was, without a doubt, the highlight of their night. I just thoroughly enjoyed spending time with them. I love that a bunch of teenagers still want to hang out with their old Aunt!













No comments:

Post a Comment