About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Chill Day

 After an exciting night hunting ghosts, most of the kids slept into the early afternoon. Robby was up early because he had his RPG WWII class, an activity that he will wake up from even the deepest sleep to attend. Timmy was also up early because he didn't go on the ghost hunt and, as he told me, it was a happy day to wake up early. 

In the afternoon I helped my niece and nephews work through the welcome video packets from their new schools. They are switching to public school this year and it is safe to say that their nerves are on high alert. I know that they will do great, but I'm also trying to do everything I can to ease their concerns and to make this an exciting transition. Change is hard, but it is especially difficult when you are a teenager.  

After a relatively lazy day at home, the evening was spent with water guns, water balloons and the slip n' slide. I love hearing the laughter through the air as they play. Timmy was especially excited to play with his cousins in water. In his mind, his cousins and water play create the perfect combination for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment