About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Itchy

 Even though I spent much of Sunday prepping and working, Monday morning I quickly became frazzled and discombobulated. Scott went to work (he has to go into the school one day a week for socially distanced meetings etc.), leaving me to wrangle the boys into the beginning of the school week on my own. It feels like, no matter how much I try to plan and organize, time is in short supply on Monday morning.

By the time I was logging Timmy into his first Circle Time class I was in desperate need of another cup of coffee. I was looking forward to 35 minutes of relative quiet and caffeine while he was busy with his classmates and teacher. Scrolling through my calendar and taking mental stock of my meetings and tasks for the day, I knew that I needed to regroup while I had the opportunity.

Of course, with my little Hamlet, my plans rarely unfold as anticipated. He was excited about his class and eager to interact with his teacher and classmates. He was serious and attentive as his teacher greeted each student. Finally, it was his turn.  "Good morning Timmy. How are you today?" 

He straightened up, looked directly into the camera and very sweetly replied, "Good morning. My butt hole is itchy." 

I chocked and almost spit my coffee across the kitchen table. Somehow, I underestimated the embarrassment that could be incurred through Zoom.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment