About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Missing Our Places

 Much like the movie Groundhog Day, my life is becoming predictable and rather mundane. Social distancing, school and work obligations are keeping us at home. My goodness I miss our adventures! 

Yesterday was our first cool day of the season. I wish that I could have piled the kids into the car for an impromptu trip to our Animal Park. Instead, I knew I had to create something fun to do at home. Even though we are all busy, I knew that everybody would benefit from unplugging for a few hours.

In the end, we opted for a long bike ride through the neighborhood and a cake picnic by our swing set. It was nice to be in the fresh, cool air and sunshine. The kids seemed just as happy as they would have been at the Animal Park, so maybe I'm the only one who is missing our usual romps.

No comments:

Post a Comment