About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, November 30, 2020

Holiday Spirits

 After a few laid back days of Hallmark Christmas movies, baking and decorating, this morning we are returning to reality. The boys had a week off from school, which was a much needed break for them. Although I was still working last week, not having to juggle their class schedule minimized the chaos and stress that I feel on a daily basis. 

Unfortunately, all good things come to an end. Today we will return to our school day schedule, including Circle Time and homework. I suspect that everybody is going to feel frazzled by the sudden jolt back to responsibility, but hopefully it will be short lived. 

I felt so bummed out that I wasn't able to visit with my Mom on Thanksgiving. Instead of focusing on what we weren't able to do, I made a concerted effort to remain positive. I kept reminding myself that the boys were looking to me for their reaction. If I lamented the change in our tradition, I know that their disappointment would have intensified. Instead, I spent the weekend actively harnessing as much of the holiday spirit as possible. 

Our yard is decorated with all of our large inflatables. My kitchen counter is covered with five gingerbread houses and a train, all completely assembled and ready for decorations. My house is now merry and bright, and my spirits are lifted. 

Here's to a great week! 

 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment