About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Back on Track

Our first day back to "reality" was as hectic as I anticipated. Timmy lamented Circle Time and complained until the virtual classroom loaded. As soon as he saw his friends and his teacher his mood shifted and he seemed to completely forget that he had been fussing.

I was busy all day. Between my work and trying to keep the boys on task with their assignments, I didn't have time to relax or even sit down until after dinner. Our activities seem to go from zero to running around ragged with very little in between. I had a great vacation, but yesterday I had no doubt that it was over.

The constant rain did nothing to elevate my mood. By mid-afternoon my leg was aching and sore. Between the constant walking and the cold rain, I was feeling every bit of my age. By the way, getting older stinks!


No comments:

Post a Comment