About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Smoother

After an extremely chaotic day on Monday, I found myself dreading getting out of bed yesterday morning. I stayed covered up, hibernating from the world as long as possible. When I heard Timmy start to stir I took a deep breath, slipped on my leg and put a smile on my face. 

Timmy was chipper and happy when I greeted him. He eagerly sat down for Circle Time and flew through his schoolwork without complaint. My goodness, what a difference from Monday! He was my little scholar, finishing assignments and working through problems without any lamenting. 

Robby surprised me by following his little brother's lead. My Koopa took his laptop and immediately began to work through his Biology homework. By the time Timmy and I were finished with Circle Time, Robby had finished Biology and most of his German work. I found myself so relieved and grateful that we were not having a repeat of Monday.

After a day of fighting and tears, both boys worked diligently and finished all of their assignments shortly after lunch. We were able to play outside for several hours, enjoying the final clear day before the rain moves into the area.

Monday night I went to bed feeling like the worse Mom in the world. Yesterday I felt redeemed.  Here's hoping to smoother school days ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment