About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 08, 2021

Too Much News

Logically, I know that I need to turn off the news. In practicality, I am finding it hard to walk away. I know that I'm not going to miss anything, but I feel a nagging anxiety when I am away from the news for too long. I am in a vicious, and unhealthy, cycle that needs to break. Right now, I am not in a good place.

The images of the Capitol breach from Wednesday continue to evoke the same degree of frustration, anger and astonishment as they did when it was happening in real time. My emotions have not tempered. Instead, they have grown exponentially. 

I know that going cold-turkey on the news is not feasible. For my own mental health, I need to severely taper back. This weekend, starting today, I am limiting my news watching to one 30 minute block per day. Hopefully this will help restore my emotions while allowing me to remain informed.

This weekend, I'm pledging to turn off the cable news stations and turn on Food Network and the Hallmark Channel. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment