About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 01, 2023

August

 Happy August.

Traditionally I have hated August. As a child it heralded the end of the summer. School supplies start to line the shelves and swimsuits become threadbare. As an adult I continue to feel the back-to-school angst when the calendar turns to August. I've also come to hate the heat, humidity and bugs which also often accompany the month. 

I still hate all of those things about the month of August. The back-to-school jitters are already starting to creep into my dreams but I am desperate to push them back until September. The past school year was so difficult that I have increased anxiety about starting all over again. Logically I know it will be fine and that we will quickly find our groove because we have already established the pattern, but the memories of those first few weeks are strong.

Robby and Timmy have a few weeks of vacation left but Scott returns next week. He promises that this will be his last year in the classroom but I have heard that before! I am leaning towards believing in his retirement intention but I will remain weary until the paperwork is signed. After all, he is supposed to be retired by now!

With a break in the heat it is going to be nice to get back outside today. Timmy has been chomping at the bit to launch his new rocket. I think the stars (or the lack of clouds and wind) are aligning for a launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment