About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Great First Days

 Compared to last year and the possibilities that I have conjured in my mind, yesterday was a resounding success. Both boys were able to sign into their classes without an issue and neither encountered technical (or other) issues. I fully anticipate a few bumps along the road but so far I am pleased. 

Last year both Timmy and I dissolved into tears throughout the first week. When I say that the first week last year was horrible I am not doing justice to the stress and anxiety that we both felt. Yesterday morning Timmy's eyes began to swell before he had to login for class. When I asked him to talk to me about it, he admitted that he "just wasn't craving school." I totally understood his heartbreak! I certainly wasn't craving going to work either. 

I'm optimistic that today we will continue our good school day streak. At least, that's the plan.




No comments:

Post a Comment