About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Making the call

 Day two of school is in the books for the boys and, so far, I would rate it as a success. We haven't encountered any great technical issues. Nor have we faced any emotional breakdowns or crises. My back-to-school anxiety is beginning to wane, allowing me to relax without my mind spinning. Talk about a luxury!

With the boys settling into their routines, I'm slowly transitioning my schedule. Sleeping beyond 5 left me feeling refreshed and ready to tackle the day. While my summer early rise schedule is functional and necessary when everybody is home, it is most certainly exhausting. It is nice to resume a more normal routine.

At some point (soon) I need to start the process for a new leg, which I am dreading. I've lost considerable weight over the past few months (unintentionally) and my prosthesis isn't fitting. I hate everything about getting a new leg except the comfort that it provides at the end of the process. I have been delaying calling for an appointment but my leg is becoming more difficult to manage. I suppose today will be a great day to make the call to start the dreaded process.

No comments:

Post a Comment