About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, August 21, 2023

School Year 2023-2024

 My new school year anxiety has reached a fever pitch. I was unable to sleep last night because my mind was spinning with all of the possibilities of the upcoming school year. Outwardly I look excited and optimistic about the coming year. Inside I feel like I am in a war with memories that have sadistically morphed with time. 

This morning Timmy begins Third grade and Robby begins his Senior year. Gulp! I look at Robby and I can't believe that he is a Senior. In a few months he will be 18 and legally a man. When I think of that I begin to panic because, to be completely honest, I don't think he will be ready to be a legal adult. I suppose that rabbit hole is a topic to explore in a different post.

I spent the majority of the weekend preparing Timmy's room for the school year. A new desk has been assembled and installed, and all of his supplies have been replenished and organized. Cleaning out his room created a domino effect which forced me to also clean out my hall closet and my dining room shelves. It was a lot of work, but he will start this school year organized and ready to go.

Ready or not, school is about to begin. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment