About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, September 14, 2023

Muddy

In a year full of lasts, yesterday Scott was able to tick another milestone off of his list. He participated in his final Back-to-School Night as a teacher. Staying at the school until 8 pm makes for a very long day and I know that he will not miss this mandatory event. Although he was tired when he came home, he was also smiling with the knowledge that he would never have to do it again.

With Scott busy at school all day and evening I held down the fort at home. Timmy is doing beautifully in school. Although he offers an obligatory complaint each morning before logging in, he is smiling and engaged throughout the day. Robby is clicking his way through his assignments, eagerly anticipating the end of his Senior year. 

After a week of strong afternoon thunderstorms with heavy downpours, today we are supposed to remain clear and dry. I'm really hoping that the reprieve will help to dry up our yard because it resembles more of a mud pit right now. Little Friend comes in from his walks and his little feet and tummy are covered with icky muck. He is not amused!

Not only is the mud miserable to look at and clean-up after, it is a slipping hazard. Between the mud, the wet leaves and the nuts, I am tiptoeing through a slip and fall minefield each time I go outside. Every year I seem to slip and fall on either the leaves or the nuts. I would like to avoid this painful tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment