About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, January 26, 2024

Lazy, Not Stupid

 Sigh.  It's only January and already we are being asked to declare our intentions next year. Scott received his "intent to retire" form yesterday at school. He hasn't signed it yet but I suspect it will be submitted today. It is a very big move for him (and a scary one for me) but I know that he is excited. I'm not sure what it will look like having a retired husband but I guess I'll find out next year.

While Scott is busy addressing his intentions for next year, yesterday Timmy was invited to sit in on the classroom he will transition to when he enters Fourth grade next September. He hasn't been in school all week because of the flu so he wasn't properly prepped for the classroom switch. Thankfully my little Hamlet has become quite versed at going with the flow and happily logged into a novel classroom for the day.

Timmy was tight lipped about his experience in the new classroom but he seemed content by the end of the day. I still have not decided where he will attend school next year because so much of that decision depends upon where we settle. In the meantime, I'm just trying to keep this year afloat. Since I'm not sure where we are going to end up, I am proceeding as if Timmy will stay enrolled in the same school. 

Although Timmy was short on feedback about the new classroom, his future teacher emailed me last night. (As a former educator, I appreciated the outreach.) She told me that she enjoyed getting to know Timmy and that she is looking forward to next year. When she asked Timmy to share something about himself, he offered the following words. "You should know that I can be lazy but I'm not stupid. There is a difference."  

At least he is honest?

No comments:

Post a Comment