About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Lost Friend

I woke up feeling good and excited for the day. After slurping down some coffee while walking Friend I came inside to check my email and social profiles. My heart sank when I read of the suicide of an amputee friend. Although I did not know her personally I have been trying to support and mentor her since her amputation nearly four years ago. The news of her suicide left me feeling gutted.

Logically I know that I am not responsible, but I cannot help but reflect and wonder if I should have done things differently. I knew that she was struggling a few months ago but everything seemed to have calmed down. She recently received a new prosthesis and my last messages with her were positive. 

But obviously everything wasn't okay because now she is gone. Her daughters are left without their mother and a husband is left mourning his wife. I don't understand the depths of despair that she must have been feeling to take such a drastic and catastrophic step. My heart is breaking. I feel guilty even though I know I didn't do anything wrong. 

I just don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment