About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Anxiety

 A combination of life and health issues has left me battling anxiety. Most of the time I'm okay and can push the worries to the back of my mind. Every once in awhile, when my health flares, the panic becomes palpable. On these bad days, my Fitbit alerts me throughout the day about my increased heart rate as I struggle to keep as 'normal' as possible. 

Yesterday was a bad anxiety day. When I woke my heart rate was 11 beats higher than my average. By 10 AM, my watched logged what it registered to be 52 minutes of high aerobic activity. I assure you, there are no aerobic movements involved in my morning routine. I knew it was going to be a difficult day.

In an attempt to try to quell my racing mind, I took Friend on a walk around the lake after I dropped Robby off at his guitar lesson. Watching him jump and frolic around the fields lifted my heart and eased my racing mind. It didn't do anything for the organic effects of the anxiety (racing heart), but it did a lot for my mood! Some days I just need to hold on for dear life. Yesterday was one of those days.

I woke this morning feeling so much better. My heart rate has returned to normal and I feel comfortable again. The sun is shining and it's going to be a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment