About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, March 18, 2024

Family Adventure

 Oh my goodness- our weekend was so busy and hectic that my head is still spinning. Sitting on my couch this morning it amazes me how much we did since Friday morning. It is going to take me a day to get unpacked and back on track for the week ahead but it was worth it. We were busy and our plans did not pan out as anticipated, but the weekend was definitely one that will be remembered in our family.

Friday afternoon I pulled the boys out of school early and we headed to Pennsylvania. After dropping Friend off for a special visit with my Mom and his cousin puppy friends we headed to our destination. Unbeknownst to the boys, we were going to the Red Caboose Motel to sleep in an authentic train car for the night. Timmy actually squealed with delight when he realized his accommodations for the evening. 

We spent the evening exploring the farm and the motel grounds which also hosted a small petting zoo. I decided it would be funny to take a selfie with the little horse. I suppose I tried too many angles and frustrated the pony because he nipped my shoulder as I was taking the photo.

Sleeping in a train was memorable but definitely not comfortable. Robby was too tall for the train bunks so we gave him the only real bed in the caboose. Scott, Timmy and I each claimed a bunk and settled in for the evening. While Timmy slept great, Scott and I suffered a bit. Perhaps we are too old to contort ourselves for such a long time. We both woke groggy from a poor night sleep and sore from the limited movement options afforded by the small bed. 

Saturday morning we packed up and headed to set up our little FlexyFriends pop-up shop at the mall. Set-up did not proceed as anticipated but we were able to pull it together in the end. By the time the mall officially opened we were set-up but flustered from the stress. Thankfully we were able to settle into a groove for the day.

While we were at the mall on Saturday and Sunday, Timmy went back to hang out with my mom. He thoroughly enjoyed his time and was much happier at her house than he was at the mall with us. Saturday evening, after the mall closed we headed to dinner and another hotel for the night. Scott and I were especially eager to lay down in a real bed. 

Of course, things don't always work out the way you plan....  to be continued tomorrow.

 














No comments:

Post a Comment