About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 22, 2024

Paperwork

 In a year full of milestones and special moments, last night we added another to the list. Scott filled out his official retirement paperwork with the intent to submit it today. Sigh. I guess there is no going back now! Ready or not, I will be married to a retired teacher in less three months. 

Not only is he prepared to submit his final paperwork today, but this is the final day before his Spring Break. It is also the final Friday of the third marking period. I'm sure there are some other 'finals' in there as well that I'm missing. The past few weeks he has become hyper focused on the finality of his career through figuring and communicating every perceivable 'last time.' At this point I'm a tinge concerned that he won't have anything to think about or talk about after he retires.  

While Scott is busy submitting his paperwork, I'll be driving Robby to and from his classes. Fridays are always busy but it makes it nice at the end of the day when I'm finally able to sit and relax. The driving is long but I don't really mind it because Robby uses the time to chat. 

I'm really going to miss him. It hurts my heart to think about him leaving for college in a few months. While Scott is focused on his retirement, I can't help but think about Robby's 'lasts' every time he brings up his milestones. With each reminder that the school year is ending I am forced to face Robby's leaving. I prefer avoidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment