About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Blog Friends

My blog began out of my desire to make the transition to limb loss easier for others than it was for me. Although I thought I was emotionally prepared for my amputation, I struggled with a myriad of issues that I never anticipated. I felt detached, many times believing I was a lonely pioneer in a new territory. Writing my blog has helped me connect, alleviating the isolation that I was experiencing.

Through my blog I have had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people by email and phone calls. Although each of us has had a unique journey, I am always amazed at the similarity of our emotions and experiences once the amputation occurs. One of the greatest benefits (for lack of a better word) of living with an amputation lies with the community.

Although I haven't personally met the majority of my readers, I feel as if I have a personal rapport with so many of you. We have shared stories, laughter, and tears through emails and blog comments. I am grateful that I have been invited into the lives of so many wonderful people whom I have come to know as friends. It is a unique relationship that I don't think most people will understand.

Earlier this week I was able to meet my blog friends from Massachusetts. Mary and Pat were two of my first non-relative blog fans. I was delighted when I learned that they were going to be driving through my area and that we were going to be able to connect. After exchanging emails, Facebook posts, and comments for several years, it was wonderful to be able to hug two people whom I have come to call friends!

I am always thankful when I have the opportunity to meet a "blog friend." Whether I am traveling for a conference or visiting family, I enjoy meeting my readers whenever possible. I feel as if I know so many of you already; it's nice to be able to put a voice and face to the screen name. I hope to be able to meet more of my readers in the future!

http://www.cheapsally.com/profile/peggy-chenoweth/

No comments:

Post a Comment