About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Should Have Stayed In Bed

Yesterday was not my best day. The weather was dreary and gray which probably contributed to my sour disposition. Despite having a full schedule, I wasn't particularly motivated to do anything, would have preferred to stay in bed, pull the covers over my head, and hide from the world.

Unfortunately. hiding from the world is not an option when you have a small child. Robby was energetic and ready to tackle the world. I had no choice but to put on clothes, a smile on my face, and try to act happy. I wish I had stayed in bed!

My day began by knocking Robby's cat Charlie out, at least temporarily incapacitating him. I felt horrible that his cat was hurt, and despite being blamed by a scared little boy, I maintain that I was not the cause of the feline head injury. Charlie was aimlessly running through the house yesterday morning. Unfortunately I happen to be walking down the hall at the precise moment that he reached the top of the stairs. He ran directly into my carbon fiber socket at full kitty gallop. He bounced off my leg and seemed to have trouble standing for a few minutes after the impact. Just as I was getting ready to take him to the vet, he returned to his normal kitty self, albeit moving a little more cautiously.

The ominous "check engine" light began to glow on my dashboard as I drove home from dropping Robby at Kindergarten. I despise that light! It didn't take me long to realize that the car was leaking gasoline when parked. I have a hunch that this is not going to be a quick or an inexpensive fix!

Preparing my Google search words, hoping that I would information that would alleviate my financial fears, I was frustrated when my laptop wouldn't turn on. It turns out that the battery was dead. This typically would not have been a stress causing event. Unfortunately, the charger broke the previously night. I now have a very expensive paperweight until the new charger arrives because, as luck would have it, I happen to have one of the few models that do not accommodate a universal device.

Between the kitty, the car and the computer, I was frazzled and irritable by the end of the night. (Just a hint for my male readers- it is not beneficial to remind your spouse that she is irritable. Chances are she knows her own mood and pointing it out only serves to exacerbate the emotions!) Keep your fingers crossed that the car will be a cheap and easy repair, that my new computer cord arrives quickly, and that Charlie doesn't demonstrate any signs of a feline concussion. I am really hoping that today is a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment