About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Almost the Weekend!

I am so happy that it's finally Friday! My house is uncomfortably quiet during the day while both boys are at school. I can't wait to spend the entire weekend with Robby, playing outside and listening to his adventures. I miss him so much while he is at school.

I've been promised by every friend who is a parent that, within a few weeks, I will adjust to the silence and learn to relish the solitude. I'm sure that they are right and that by the time June comes around, my growing pains will be nothing but a memory. In the meantime though, I'm lonely during the day. Thankfully Mr. Bill, my neighbor, has become my mid-morning coffee buddy. Spending 30 minutes chatting with him always makes me feel better.

I do have to admit that the quiet has afforded me the ability to concentrate. I've been getting a lot of work done, and I don't want to jinx myself, but I may actually be ahead of schedule. Yesterday afternoon I found myself in the unusual situation of having all my projects complete. Instead of starting on the laundry or cleaning my house, I opted to relax and go for a walk. I felt a bit like a child playing hookey from school as I casually strolled through the neighborhood. 

Between staying at my Mom's house and my trip to Boston, we have been coming up short when it comes to family time. This weekend  will not be spent working on my computer. Instead, I will be outside enjoying the warm air and soaking up the sunshine.  Whatever we end up doing, I know that we'll be having fun simply because we are all going to be together!


No comments:

Post a Comment