About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, November 03, 2016

Hamster Wheel

I was busy with work and meetings all day, yet it felt as if I accomplished nothing. I hate days where I feel like I'm running on a hamster wheel, wearing out in my efforts to go nowhere.  Because this is my blog and I feel comfortable complaining, I also have a sore throat. I am sure that my inability to comfortable swallow and eat is contributing to my downtrodden mood. 

While I had to go into the office for meetings, Timmy spent some time "at school."  He was most unhappy when he realized that I was going to be leaving him there. He ran to the door and peered out the window as I walked away.  I was reassured by the teacher that he quickly calmed down and began to play. However, the fact that he was still standing by the door with his face pressed against the same window when I arrived to pick him up three hours later casts some doubt on her story. Even if he wasn't happy, I know that he was safe.

Today I am hoping to finish at least one project on my list. I have taken bites out of everything, but I know that I will feel better when I can fully cross an item off of my list. If I'm feeling better as the day progresses, I might even go for two. Of course, that all depends upon how much work my curious little Hamlet will allow. Some days he is content to play with his cars and planes while other times he is nonstop energy. I never really know which Timmy I am going to greet in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment