About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, January 30, 2017

Sick Weekend

Timmy had a great time playing at a new toddler playground Friday afternoon, but by the time the sun was setting, my little guy wasn't feeling well. He dissolved quickly, spiking a high fever and developing deep purple circles within an hour. I put my hot little Hamlet to bed knowing that it was going to be a long night. Neither he nor I rest well when he is sick.

Saturday was quiet as we sat on the couch and watched cartoons for most of the day. He occasionally played with his trains, but his energy was fleeting. His fever was sporadic so we were unsure if we should take him to the doctor or let it run for another day. Ultimately we decided to see how he was doing on Sunday before we made a decision.


Sunday he woke up happy and silly. His fever had vanished and, although he didn't have an appetite, he was energetic and mischievous. His bright pink cheeks and chapped lips were the only reminder of his sick day.  Even though he was raring to go, we did our best to keep him quiet and calm. Even though he disagreed, he needed the day to fully recover.


I hate how quickly Hamlet becomes sick. It feels like we are stuck in a never ending cycle of fevers and recovery. We go back to the pediatric immunologist next week and hopefully we will be able to break the cycle. In the meantime, I'm hoping for a happy (and healthy) week.

No comments:

Post a Comment