About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Direct Hit

Yesterday our Summer of Awesome 2017 suffered a slight tarnish in the form of a powerful thunderstorm.  The boys were busy playing and Scott and I were talking when we heard a clamorous bang. The house shook at the same time we all saw blasts of brilliant whites, red and blue hues. I felt an odd sense of electricity on my chest and fingers, which momentarily took my breath away.  Robby and Scott reported the same sensation, and Timmy's reaction leads us to believe that he was also impacted.

By the time I realized what happened Scott had already sprung into action, ushering everybody downstairs and away from the windows.  We stayed in the basement for a fee minutes, trying to keep the boys calm.  When the storm blew over we ventured upstairs to realize that an imposing tree had sustained a direct lightening strike, the power of which imploded the wood.   The large tree branches we're blown off the trunk and shattered across our driveway and throughout our yard.

It turns out that the lightening also damaged our internet.  Verizon is coming this morning to try to restore service, but in the meantime I am writing this blog on my cell phone ( please excuse any mistakes).  Today will be spent cleaning up and assessing damage.  Despite the damage, we are extremely lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment