About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, June 22, 2017

Thomas the Train

It is safe to say that all of the kids had a fantastic day, full of adventures and memories.  Robby and his cousins went to Mountain Adventures, an outdoor playground full of climbing structures, obstacle courses, ziplines and various water attractions. While they were busy running and playing my Mom and I took Timmy on a little adventure of his own- we went to visit Thomas the Train.

Little Hamlet was awestruck as we walked through the railroad station. It took him a few minutes to get his barrings, but as soon as he did he was nonstop happiness and action. He happily waved to everybody on trains and absorbed all of the commotion around him. He was particularly delighted to ride the trains, especially the much anticipated trip on Thomas.  

I loved spending the day with Timmy and my Mom. He relished being the center of attention and was pleasant and well-behaved all day. He didn't meltdown, fuss or throw any any tantrums.  Instead he smiled, laughed and mimicked the trains all afternoon.

By the time we left for home we were exhausted. Timmy fell asleep during the drive, clutching his new trains and wearing a huge smile on his face. I adored seeing him so content and happy! Sharing the experience with my Mom made it even more special.



No comments:

Post a Comment