About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

No Internet Adventures

I love working from home because I feel like I have the best of both worlds. I am able to maintain and build a professional life while being Timmy's primary caretaker. One of the only frustrations of my setup is my dependence upon technology.  My responsibilities do not end because we don't have internet service. I made a commitment to my job that I could complete my responsibilities at home, even when that means that I have to pack up the kids and drive two hours so that I can use my Mom's internet service.

The tree is cleaned up after the lightening strike, but we are still without internet service.  Apparently the strike damaged an external node (the diagnosis from the Verizon tech) and it needs to be replaced. I don't have the luxury of being unplugged, so I am writing this blog from the comfort of my Mom's couch.

Robby and Timmy were happy to go on our trip. Knowing that his cousins were home, Robby couldn't wait to visit. They don't get together often but always have a fabulous time when they are afforded the opportunity. Yesterday afternoon and evening my Mom's house was filled with giggles and games as smiles lit up the room.  

Searching the internet for something to do with the kids today I discovered that Thomas the Train was visiting a local railroad. How fortuitous that I am in the area! My little train loving three year old is going to flip out with excitement when he sees and rides Thomas. The "big kids" would be bored silly, but I knew that they would be just as happy going to one of their regular stomping grounds together.

While the cousins (minus Timmy) watched Sharknado until midnight, I stayed up and continued to work. I was able get ahead a little bit, reducing my stress level and freeing me up this afternoon. Today Robby and his cousins will go play at Mountain Adventures (an outdoor playground and mini water park) while my Mom and I take Timmy to visit Thomas. I can't think of a more perfect way for everybody to spend the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment