About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Throwing

I'm not sure if it was the jet lag, missing my kids or feeling uncomfortable in a foreign environment, but yesterday was not my best day.  By the time the work day was over I just wanted to go back to my hotel and crawl into bed. I quickly fell asleep, and I'm feeling better (and stronger) today.

I've spoken with my Mom several times and realized that my worries were becoming a reality.  Robby was behaving, but Timmy was starting to frazzle her. He has developed a propensity for throwing objects, especially at his brother, when he wants attention. Of course, he wants attention at every moment and he resumes throwing as soon as his decided playmate moves onto a different activity.

We were at our wits end at home to tackle the throwing issue, and I know my Mom is experiencing the same frustrations. Time out and the removal of toys has no impact on his behavior.  I'm open to suggestions because we have emptied our bag of tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment