About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Thursday, March 01, 2018

Obstacle Course


Yesterday Timmy and I worked throughout the morning and afternoon moving branches and logs from our yard. Although the logs weren't heavy (apparently poplar wood is extremely light), they were plentiful. Timmy wasn't phased by the vastness of our mission and had a blast rolling the logs down the hill. I found the work tiring but the fact that I could see progress was motivation to keep going. By the time Scott came home from work, we had moved the majority of the tree out of our yard. Talk about feeling accomplished (and tired)!

I wasn't sure what to do with the logs, but I quickly came up with a Pinterest worthy idea. I decided that it would be fun to arrange the logs along the side of our driveway, creating stepping stones for Timmy. With the variations in height and circumference, I essentially created a mini-obstacle course for him. By the end of the afternoon my mission was complete. I had moved the logs and arranged my stepping path. 

Timmy didn't need any prompting to walk on the logs. He quickly climbed onto the first and hopped and jumped his way up the driveway. He probably completed the course 20 times before I managed to convince him to take a break. It is safe to say that my efforts were appreciated, and that my path is a hit!

After counting the logs, I decided that it would be even more fun to take my path to the next level. In the next few days I'm going to go buy a small can of paint so that I can paint a letter on each log. As Timmy is walking and jumping we can start to go over the ABC's. 

Watch out Pinterest, this Mom's on a roll.  


No comments:

Post a Comment