About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Monday, February 26, 2018

Adapted Clothing

After an extremely long week and a few weekend naps, I am finally feeling better. My cough, although persisting, is not nearly as painful or frequent. I still feel fatigued but not nearly as exhausted as I was when I was in the throws of the illness. At this point I think I just need to regain my strength, which will probably take a few more days. I feel like I have lived the past four years on the tired spectrum, so I'm pretty much back to normal.

Over the weekend I was approached by a friend who is involved with a fashion line for individuals with disabilities. She asked me to contribute suggestions for apparel modifications for limb loss/ limb difference. I love how fashion is starting to peek beyond a size 2!

Thinking about adapted clothing, the top on my list is jeans that come reinforced at the socket line. All of my jeans and pants have a plethora of tiny little holes at the socket line in the pant legs from my prosthesis poking through. While I know that I can reinforce the leg myself with a patch, I would definitely appreciate a line of clothing where the self fix wasn't necessary.  

What do you want to see in an adapted clothing line?  Drop me an email, comment or hit me up on Facebook. I'd love to bring a comprehensive list of needs to the table.  

No comments:

Post a Comment