About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, March 02, 2018

Wind Storm

Schools are cancelled today due to a powerful wind storm that blew into our area. With the exception of a hurricane, I don't remember schools ever being cancelled because of wind. Listening to the howling outside, I don't think I have ever heard it blowing so strong!

With up to 80 mph gusts, I am doubtful that Scott's flight will take off.  He will remain in Ohio until the weather is safe to travel, which is good because I don't need to worry about him in the air right now! The winds started blowing around 3 and I have been awake since I heard the first limb fall.

While I typically love our living in the woods, it is not fun during high winds. With every snap of a branch I worry that our house will be struck. Right now we still have power, but I know that is a luxury which will be short lived. With the powerful winds forecast to continue throughout the day, I am feeling extremely vulnerable. 

I am considering packing up the boys and heading to a hotel. I know that they would love to spend the day splashing in a hotel pool, and I would feel safer away from the imposing trees. I honestly don't know if I'm being a worrywart because I'm alone and hate windstorms or if going to a hotel makes sense.  

I'll make my decision when the sun comes up. Wish us luck in the storm, and please stay safe if you are in its path as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment