About Me

My photo
I am a below knee amputee. More importantly, I am also Mommy to two boys, a very active 10 year old (Robby) and an mischievous toddler (Timmy). I have learned that being a parent with a disability can create some unusual and sometimes humorous situations. This blogger is available for hire! Let's talk and learn how a blog can expand your business.

Friday, April 27, 2018

Playgrounds and Work

This week was certainly better compared to last week. Filled with a birthday and lots of adventures, the days passed quickly. With Timmy healthier and again able to play with other kids, we now spend more time at indoor playgrounds and climbing/bouncing centers. My wallet is stuffed with punch cards and membership passes for just about every play area within a 20 mile radius.

 At this time in our lives, our daily adventures are absolutely perfect for us. My little social butterfly enjoys playing with new playmates, allowing me more of an opportunity to work. I have discovered that I am able to work uninterrupted when he is running around a play structure with new friends. At this age, he would prefer to play with kids than with me.

While still keeping my eye on him, I'm able to tap into the free wireless internet to work. I'm so fortunate that I am able to work from home (or, in the case of this week, from playgrounds.) Until Scott is home for summer vacation, I suspect that we will continue to spend a lot of  time at playgrounds and jump centers.




No comments:

Post a Comment